Hi guys! I’m so excited to announce that adventuresofarussianspy.com has been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award!
It’s an absolutely amazing feeling to have your work noticed and recognized!
A big shout out to The Travelling Pixie for the nomination, it is truly appreciated. Travelling Pixie is a beautiful blog dedicated to travel, food and drink, with loads of great info, travel hacks and useful tips. The Travelling Pixie is Jemma Jones, an Aussie who has been wandering the globe for the last 10 years.
What is a Blogger Recognition Award?
This prize is passed to bloggers by other bloggers, who appreciate and recognize their strong work and amount of effort they invest in each and every post.
The Blogger recognition rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you want to pass this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started my blog?
I started this blog to write about my biggest passions – travel, fashion, and whatever else that would tickle my fancy. It is my hope to provide useful information to other travellers, give inspiration to travel to the places less known, provide travel hacks (some of them are top secret government stuff! The things I do for my readers! 🙂 – for cheaper and more efficient travel.
Advice for new bloggers:
- Just do it! It can be quite intimidating to start. You might think, why bother starting a blog, there are already so many great ones! Or you might be put off by the amount of work that needs to be done. Don’t get me wrong, blogging is a LOT of hard work! But if you let that stop you, you will never get anywhere in life. So learn as much about blogging as you can, watch youtube videos, read blogs, maybe even do a course, but then just start doing it. Don’t delay it any further because you think that you don’t have enough knowledge – you never will until you actually start writing your blog. My biggest regret about blogging is that I didn’t start two or three years ago when I first began to think about it.
- Choose subject that you are passionate about. Don’t start blogging about something just because you think that it might be easy to monetize on, etc. If you are not passionate, it will show in your work, and you will struggle to get a good following. This in turn, will make it hard to monetize anyway. Plus, when you are passionate about something, you will be less likely to give up, and trust me, you will want to give up at some point, because it takes a long time for most blogs to take off and get any kind of following.
Make sure you check those guys out, I have really enjoyed their blogs.
Let me know what you guys think, are you considering starting your own blog? Are you already blogging? What are your experiences with it? Leave me a comment, connect with me on Instagram or Facebook!
Russian Spy over and out!